Choosing football boots is not as straightforward as it may seem at first glance. In order to make a truly useful purchase, there are many important nuances to consider.
The first thing to remember is that outdoor football boots, unlike indoor shoes, should be fitted with cleats. You should also pay attention to the material they are made of. The size of the shoes also plays a big role – says Юровский.
How many cleats there should be and their shape
The main difference between field shoes is the number and type of cleats. Shoes with 8 or 12 to 13 cleats are the most common. And they can be round, oblong or any other shape. The choice of cleats according to these criteria should correspond to the surface on which they will be used. Therefore, the manufacturers divide football boots into 3 groups:
For soft ground
This category includes boots with 6 or 8 cleats, which are characterized by a round shape. They are ideal for playing during or after rain, as well as on high-quality lawns. The length of a metal cleat should not exceed 18 millimeters. These cleats should not be used by children under 15 years of age as the 6-point cleats put too much strain on the still growing foot and can lead to deformations or flat feet. wikibiofacts Famous Peoples Biography, Family, Net Worth
Then there is the “SG Pro” Hybrid boot for soft and wet soils, which combines both metal and regular cleats.
Hard Ground, Firm Ground and Very Hard Ground:
These shoes are more versatile and are usually fitted with 13 spikes, which can be rectangular elongated or circular in shape. For very hard ground, you should buy boots with blade-like spikes called “Very Hard Ground”.
For artificial turf – Hard Ground, Firm Ground, Multi Stud Rubber:
These models are not only good for hard ground, but also for synthetic ground. The “Multi Stud Rubber” models, with an array of round rubber studs thickened at the top, also reduce pressure on the foot and are therefore recommended for children’s sports.
- If you choose children’s shoes, it is better to choose shoes with at least 20 cleats. In this case, shoes marked “TF” (more for dry fields than for grass) that distribute the pressure on the child’s foot evenly, and provide a feeling of comfort, will do. You should also consider the Multi Ground model, with its 24 cleats. This is a full-fledged boot for firm pitches, suitable for both children and adult players.
- If you plan to use these boots on wet ground, you can opt for a cleated sole made of metal. In addition, some models are equipped with different types of cleats to give the athlete better speed and maneuverability.
Material: which is better – leather or synthetic?
Today’s manufacturers offer boots made from natural leather or synthetic materials. There are also a number of special features to choose between the two.
Leather football boots
Natural leather is an excellent boot material, as it is supple, strong, durable and resistant to moisture. In addition, these shoes breathe better, providing comfort throughout the game.
First place in quality, lightness and flexibility goes to the kangaroo leather boots – the “k-Leather”. Also quite popular are cleats made of smooth calf leather – “full-grain leather”. The second option is more popular for those on a tight budget.
Compared to leather, synthetic is less breathable and has poor stretching properties. However, Japanese leather and microfiber are good enough, and they are the most common boot materials. Shoes made of expensive synthetics, in terms of quality, are usually close to leather.
It is worth noting that many manufacturers invest heavily in the development of new technologies and developments. In this case, the focus is on improving the properties of artificial materials. The focus is on improving the durability, lightness and protective qualities of the boots.
How to choose a football boot size
There are also a few nuances to choosing a size. For example, leather boots should be sized 1 size smaller, as leather tends to stretch when worn. Synthetics, on the other hand, should be purchased to exactly match your size.
By correctly adjusting your shoe size to the characteristics of the material, you can expect maximum comfort during the game. The shoes will fit your foot well and provide optimum conditions for ball control.
Few tips for choosing the right size
- When buying, take into account the style of play (defence or attack), the age of the player, and the weather conditions;
- Make sure that the boots you choose are not pressing or chafing on the foot;
- The appearance of the boots should suit the player’s taste;
- Determine in advance the budget that you are willing to allocate to the purchase of the product.
Finally, it should be noted that by choosing boots from proven, well-known manufacturers Adidas and Nike, you can count on a guaranteed high quality shoe. Text by team